Sunday, December 17, 2006

Wecht reveals ABFE as a diploma mill

In a law review article (34 Duq. L. Rev. 797), Cyril H. Wecht (M.D., J.D.) wrote of the American Board of Forensic Examiners [ABFE]:

There is a group called the American Board of Forensic Examiners that has recently flooded the mails. I think if I had what they've paid in postage in their solicitation campaign, I could retire. You'll have these people coming into your courts and they are going to testify that they are members of the American Board of
Forensic Examiners. There is no prerequisite test or educational requirement to
become a member. Nothing but payment of dues. Just fill out an application and submit your check. I looked at their literature and there wasn't one name that
I had ever heard of in the forensic scientific field.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home